We are now a few weeks into training for our upcoming 5k and we are feeling pretty good about it. We are doing most of it together and are enjoying the time that we get to spend together while doing it. Here is a glimpse of what our schedule looks like.
Monday: Training with our fabulous trainer, Dani. I have been working with her for about a year and a half and Dan has recently joined us. I really enjoy having him there with me, especially when I can kick his butt!
Tuesday: This is our midweek run day. We are slowing increasing each week to make 3 miles for our 5k in a month. Dan has also researched training programs, which will tell us how much we are going to run each week in preparation for the race.
Wednesday: Rest.
Thursday: Workout of our choosing. Dan will probably be doing a long bike ride or an Insanity video and I will be doing Pilates. The studio I have been going to has a stretch based class on Thursdays and it is wonderful!
Friday: Swim Day! I am so glad to have this in our routine! I grew up swimming and even taught swim lessons in high school, so it is one of my most favorite things to do. Dan has not been so confident about it, but has really stepped up and is doing great. When we did our first swim a few weeks ago after not swimming for a few years it was so AMAZING!
Saturday: This will be our long run day. Right now the runs will be the same length as the Tuesday runs, but as we work towards the marathon, the Saturday distances will increase.
Sunday: Rest or fun exercise day. This could be a run or bike ride on the beach or a hike through Daley Ranch.
We are really enjoying our training so far, and loving doing it together. This is all to reach the goal of running the Grape Day 5k on September 7th. We would love to have people join us for the race! So sign up today before the cost goes up in August!
No comments:
Post a Comment