Tuesday, August 27, 2013

Birthday Celebration!

Dan and I really love to travel, even if it is just a local getaway. For my birthday this year he suggested that we take a little trip up to Temecula and stay at our favorite winery, South Coast Winery. Last year for our anniversary we found a groupon for a two night stay in their villas and have been in love with the place ever since. South Coast is probably the largest winery in Temecula, as well as the most commercial. For those reasons I didn't want to like it and didn't want to become a wine club member there, but they won us over with their awesome wines and ambiance. Since they are so big they have a wide selection of both reds and whites as well as my favorite, their sweet wines. We absolutely love their wine and it doesn't hurt that they are a little heavy handed with their tastings!

So we booked a trip to stay at South Coast, but this time we stayed in their new hotel. Since it was for a birthday getaway, Dan also suggested that we do something special like getting massages. We have become hooked on massages so I always enjoy the chance to get one. They have hot stone massages there so we decided to get one of those. While we both enjoyed the relaxing nature of the massage, it wasn't as deep and therapeutic as the ones we get at Massage Envy.  It was still fun to try something new. After the massages we enjoyed some chocolate covered strawberries and one of our favorite wines: Romanza!
Relaxing prior our Hot Stone Massages!


A nice glass of Romanza to top off the massage.
Our plate of strawberries. They were so tempting that I forgot to take a picture before eating them.


The view from our room.
More of the view from our room.
And more of the view from our room.
 The next day we spent at the wine club pick up party. Every three months when there is a new release of wines they have a party to celebrate the event. This one just happened to coincide with my birthday - yay me! I finally talked my Mom into joining us for some wine tasting, and she finally took us up on it, so my Mom and Bill joined us. We had an afternoon of showing them around the resort, tasting lots of wine, eating yummy hamburgers and enjoying the Caribbean music in the background. We almost convinced them to join the wine club too.  I think we will have them by next time! But, we did turn them onto some of our favorites and they have since purchased some of the South Coast Wine (they sell it at Sprouts...check it out!). We then capped the night off with dinner at the restaurant on site, Villa Rose. They never disappoint! We even got some cheesecake to celebrate my birthday!

In our room before Mom and Bill arrived.

Mom and Bill wine tasting.


Dan walking to dinner.

I have no idea what he is doing...but it is pretty funny!




At the Villa Rose Restaurant. 


And we are done...our weekend is over.


 All in all I had a great celebration with my wonderful husband. He did such a great job suggesting and planning it. I can't wait for out next getaway!

No comments:

Post a Comment