A few weeks ago after lamenting to my college girlfriends
about our inability to get pregnant, a friend suggested creating a “Baby Bucket
List” of sorts to draw our attention away from trying to conceive and towards
enjoying every moment of life that God has given us. While I must admit that
Dan has been trying to get me to focus more on “living” rather than planning for
baby, the thought of making a list with things to check off was something I
could grab onto. So I did. That night I went home and began to research what
should go on our list. The list is a work in progress, but here is what we have
so far:
- Travel
a. International
-Pyramids in Egypt
-Shakespeare in London
-Ireland
-Coast of Croatia
-Jamaica
-Our friends' vacation spot in Mexico
b. Domestic
-Drive across country
-Mt. Rushmore
-New Orleans
-Alaskan Cruise
-Vegas...again - Camping at the beach
- Run a 5k, then half and then full marathon
- Fly first class
- Stay for a few nights at the Hotel Del
- Cooking class together
- Trash the dress photo shoot
- Boxing/self defense class
- Save 6 months of expenses
- Rent a limo and go on a wine tour
- Better our gardening skills
If you have any ideas of things that we should add…let us
know! We will keep you posted on our progress and amendments we make to the
list.
Great idea! Cuz when junior arrives, God-willing, it may be pretty tough to find the time/energy/money to do half the things here! Appreciate your "me-time" while you still have it. Oh, how i miss the days when I could enjoy a nice, long shower without the fear of having to rush to the awakened crying monster in our room. Maybe add "enjoying nice long showers" to the list (as well as "sleeping 7 to 8 consecutive, uninterrupted hours").
ReplyDelete